Why Network Marketing over other business models
I was in the Network Marketing closet for a long time…
and I didn’t even realize it. When I first started my business with The Healthstyle Emporium and Juice Plus, I had already been a client for about four months and the program & products completely changed my life. I was so excited to start sharing that with others!! I was actually part of another network marketing company called Avon (have you ever heard of them?) as my very first job back in high school, and again, I loved sharing and selling products that I used and loved everyday. It was always a no-brainer to me – getting compensated for sharing and selling the things I used daily, why tf not?!
Then, once I opened up on social media, the haters started coming out. Telling me I was a part of a pyramid scheme, that I was trying to scam my friends and family, that I was going to lose all my money, and endless more that I won’t list here. When you start something new, it’s easy to let the negativity get to you. Without even thinking about it, I realized I have been hiding what I’m doing because I had let that negativity take over for a while.
Over the past couple of years, I have definitely been opening back up on Instagram and in real life, and decided it was time to write about my experience in network marketing in more detail here on my blog.
So why did I choose network marketing?
Just like I said above, this was a no-brainer decision for me! I was taking products I absolutely loved and was part of a program that had been life changing for me, and when I was asked if I wanted to share that with others and work with people on their health journeys, I said a big hell yes to that. Obviously it’s a scary decision to start a business, but knowing I had support, and that the investment was only $50 a year (in Canada – this varies depending on where you are in the world) it wasn’t a tough decision. This was the main reason I first entered the network marketing world, however my reasons for staying and deciding to build a business here are tenfold!
Why I decided to stay in network marketing to build my health and wellness business:
I started my business and became obsessed with holistic health. As many of you know, I am also a nurse, however, my passions shifted from sick care to helping people thrive in their health daily; also known as preventative health. I always had a passion for helping others, I just didn’t know in what capacity until I joined with The HSE team.
As a wellness coach and business mentor, not only do I get to help others become happier and healthier, but I also get to empower others to become financially literate and have the opportunity to tap into residual income, or what we like to call “beach money” !
- Beach money is income that you earn when you are not working, money that still comes in even when you’re not actively putting the physical hours in. Within our company, in just 60 days (depending on work ethic) and helping just 9 other people become happier and healthier, you have the ability to tap into residual income within your business!
Network marketing is powerful because it allows the everyday individual to tap into this residual income that they may not have otherwise have been able to access with investments, the housing market, stocks etc.
- Absolutely anyone can get started in this business, there is equal opportunity for growth and wealth. This fact may also be a reason for some of the stigma around this business model. There are a lot of people who start a business and are just unwilling to put in the work. Then, when they leave – they claim network marketing is a scam because they didn’t make any money. The fact is, they didn’t do anything while they were here. This business model isn’t a get rich quick scheme, it’s a way for the everyday individual to grow a business and create residual income. Any business & any career takes work – and in order to do well in the network marketing world you may not need any previous credentials, but you do need to be coachable and willing to put in the work, and not give up when things get tough. If you can do that, you can succeed.
Network marketing is simply another stream of income – with low risk and a low investment.
- Some people get this mixed up here as well. If you come in with an employee mindset, you may feel like you should be getting paid per hour. However, because this is residual/passive income, you will work hard at the beginning to make a larger impact later (if you want to learn more about this – I highly recommend the book Rich Dad Poor Dad!) It’s a different type of business model, but if you understand how it truly works, you will flourish.
Network marketing allows you to help empower other individuals create the life of their dreams
- what makes network marketing different than simple affiliate marketing, is that we have the opportunity to help empower other individuals to create their own business. Yes, we share and sell the products we love, BUT we get to raise others up. Having the opportunity to show others how they can make an extra $300 – $500 per month is something that absolutely lights me up more than anything. This amount of money can truly change ones life, because I know it has changed mine. It has allowed me to drop shifts in my nursing job, to have extra money for investments, and extra money to add to my savings account. What could this extra money do for you?
- And of course – there are no glass ceilings. With this business model you can create an unlimited amount of income. You get paid based on the amount of people you help. How absolutely empowering is that?!
You can build your own business, but you don’t have to do it alone
- creating an online business from scratch can be lonely, and it can be difficult to create. In this business model, you can simply choose a product or service you resonate with and it is all laid out for you. Furthermore, you have a team of not just people, but friends who are there to cheer you on, to push you to be better, to call you out when you’re not living to your fullest potential. Who are there when it feels like you want to give up, when, if you were in business alone, you might actually give up. And they are there to help you celebrate all the wins and help you propel forward! We are all here for each other’s success – whatever that definition looks like for you!
I’m not here to say Network Marketing is the best business model, it has it’s ups and downs like anything else. However, it is simply better than most. It allows the every day individual create residual and passive income when they may not have had that opportunity before. It allows you to create another stream of income in a world when this is a necessity – and it allows you to do it in a way that aligns with your passions, that allows for support from so many amazing mentors, and endless potential opportunities for growth and new experiences (inside and out of the profession).
In the Healthstyle Emporium team, we specifically value running a soulful business that feels good for you and that supports and empowers others. As a leader, I want to see you win, but I want to see you win in a way that is meaningful to you! If you love the health and wellness realm, and want to create a side income online (or more!) – apply to work with me here and I will be in contact!
If you want to learn more about network marketing – some other great resources are listed here: